Wednesday 23 December 2015

New Year = New Goals!

I'm slowly coming round to believing that Sixx is ok now..... probs not quite there but almost!  Sixx and Who have both just had 10 days off and we've been concentrating of fitness and body awareness. Lots of woodland walks, making sure I take the route with the most hills and doing some balance pad stuff.  Who had another physio session on Tuesday and Sally showed me how to use the body wrap on him and we did some proprioception and TTouch stuff.  Who is also booked in for some treadmill hydrotherapy sessions.  Sixx has got some really good hind leg muscles but Sally (physio) thought Who could do with building up a bit.

We've got a goal setting evening with Dan coming up in January which I'm really looking forward to. However, I appear to be a bit goal less at the moment!  Since Sixx got injured I'm finding it really hard to have any solid goals coz I just think it can all change in a second so why worry too much!  All I really know is that I want to focus on improving my handling and I guess trying to push Sixx a bit more.  I know in the past my handling has been 'chasing butterflies' and not attacking courses.  Who's only a baby so I'll probably be happy with just getting some focus and hopefully him being fairly relaxed in the cue.  Lots of UKA's probs.  

Whatever happens I know I'll 100% enjoy the adventure :-)